- What causes mould?
- Can we remove mould ourselves or should I call a professional?
- How long will it take to repair or reconstruct my home after a fire?
Excess moisture caused by leaks or flooding in your commercial property — especially in typically damp environments like the kitchen and bathrooms — creates the perfect breeding ground for mould or mildew. To control and reduce the risk for mould growth in these areas, you must properly maintain your plumbing system and monitor any appliances in your facility that use large quantities of water, such as dish washers. Small amounts of indoor mould are unavoidable and usually harmless. In damp environments, however, mould spores can more easily reproduce and cause more serious and difficult to remove mould problems.
Mould can be a serious issue. A small patch of mould on a wall often can be removed without professional help, but if mould issues persist after you’ve cleaned and performed prevention tactics, it’s time to call in the experts. For larger mould issues and toxic black mould removal, leave it to the professionals at ServiceMaster Restore for safe and effective mould removal and clean up. Our technicians are professionally trained in comprehensive mould remediation and employ the safest, most effective techniques for solving any mould issue. Our teams regularly handle small (ten square feet or less) areas affected by mould as well as larger spaces, both commercial and residential.
Depending on the scope of the project and the amount of damage to your home and its contents, the restoration process may require several phases before completion. A thorough evaluation and assessment of all damage will be done before the estimate of a completion date can be established. Through it all, your ServiceMaster Restore Project Manager will communicate details to you and your Insurance Provider clearly and effectively, to make the process seamless.